wtorek, 1 września 2015

altered book



It's the beginning of a new month and that means a brand new challenge over at
Mixed Media Mojo



I hope you will come and play along with our back to school theme this month!

My take on the theme is an altered book. 
It all started with a small(11x11cm) book from charity shop.




I glued the pages together using gel medium. Then I covered all with gesso, adding some paper doilies for the texture. As I wasn't very pleased with them I put some modeling paste through the stencil too.


I stamped the images with black ink on tissue paper and glued them with gel medium to the pages.


And then came the best fun: coloring with gelatos.


I also glued a little socle on the back.  The book looks better in this position.


To finish the whole piece I added butterflies stamped and embossed on vellum, some colored with gelatos flowers  and some stamping with gesso. 

I am entering my book into the following challenges:






13 komentarzy:

  1. An amazing project! I am in love with it!
    oxo
    Susi

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Wow! everything about this is fantastic! Fabulous colours (uh oh! do I need to get some gelatos?), wonderful texture and great inspiration! Hugs, Chrisx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. tekst wybitny, kolorki bajeczna, a motylki... odlotowe!!!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Just on a catch up Lula, This is fabulous, love the colour, textures and images.
    Avrilxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Love it Lula. Thanks for sharing your project with us at That Craft Place and good luck with the challenge, Angela x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Amazingly beautiful altered book, Lucyna. Thanks so much for joining us at Artistic Stamper this month.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Beautiful project and fantastic recycling too.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Recycling' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. motyle są piękne! dziękuję za udział w wyzwaniu S'n'S :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. Wonderful and clever project! Thank you for entering our recycling challenge at Allsorts!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. What an awesome transformation!!! Love the altered upcycled book...

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. piękna praca, wspaniałe tło i świetny tekst! dziękuję za udział w wyzwaniu Scrap'n'Skill

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. Fabulous altered book. Thank you for sharing it and joining in with this months challenge Things with Wings at The Artistic Stamper. Debs DT

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. świetna praca !!! Dziękuję za udział w wyzwaniu Scrap'n'skill

    OdpowiedzUsuń

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LEAVING YOUR SWEET COMMENT